Friday, October 4, 2013

Let's Scrap DT Challange #172

This week, I'm hosting a DT challenge #172 over at Let's Scrap. These are the basic requirements of the challenge:
  • Use Let's Scrap sketch and only a layout is allowed in this challenge
  • Theme - Flowers/Plants/Tree overload - you may use in the form of stamping, background, pattern paper, DIY flowers, Die cuts, washi tapes, chipboard
What I did here was lots of inky work to create the background. I have here flowers, leaves, grass and trees. There were ink blending and in case you are wondering, ,I didn't purchase that many of the Rangers ink blending tool sponges (I had 2 tool and about 5 of those high end sponges, and I kind of lose steam using them for a year a already). So I had stash on cheap cosmetic sponges which I cut and used thriftily for my craft & dispose! I started off stamping maple leaves onto the beautiful stencil which was a RAK, sent to me fellow scrapper friend, Eniko. First ink used on this page was Pumice Stone then Tea Dye. Then I blended in Victorian Velvet and Spiced Marmalade with that cheap cosmetic sponges. I followed through with stamping of the grass and the tree line - yes, upside down. They do look like branches, don't they?! The challenge is open for 2weeks so do hop by Let's Scrap and join us for other weekly sketches and challenges and inspirations - all the fun of scrapping!

Noteables : Poppies 12x12 Donna Downey Prima Marketing stencil, Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Falling Leaves/Spring2013 quote collections, Impression Obsession Tree Line stamp, Grass rubber stamp (couldn't remember the company), Distress Inks Pumice Stone/Tea Dye/ Iced Spruce/Spiced Marmalade/Victorian Velvet, Hero Arts Cup O' Joe, Let's Scrap card sketch 7-21-10

No comments:

Post a Comment