Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Let's Scrap 9-5-12


This is the layout for Let's Scrap this week. Remember to tag your layout as 9-5-12 when you upload your work onto the site. OK, here's the story for this. I printed these together with some 70+ of photos back in April2012. Some of these cards are made for the Feb card blog hop at Let's Scrap. Now I'm scrapping them in a layout! Long overdue, isnt? Looking back at what I had done back in Feb-Mar2012 timeframe versus what I had done with the layout, my style has evolved and I would think it is pretty different. This is me, today.

I did spend some time thinking what to do for this week's sketch. As usual, I took a long time to choose some photos from the stack and decided on these craft related ones. I started off with the stencil and flipped it over while the mists are still wet on the stencil to create a different effect on the opposite side of the paper. Love the process of misting and watching the inks blend. Left the wet papers to dry on the newspaper while I figured out what to do next! Since I have a lot of must-use Stamper Anonymous stamps in my stash, I reckon just take one of them out for this week (AGAIN)! Oh yes why the 4 different brands of patterned papers, it's because I wanted to enter for a local Singapore crafters challenge. So I took randomly from my scrap leftovers, punched and tore them. In order for them to blend in, I inked and blended. I ended up blending and inking more and more! So anyway, this is MY STYLE! May be I'll do something different next week, who knows!

Noteables : Basic Grey 12x12, Scraps from American Craft Confetti, Buttercream Bobby, Echo Parks Springtime Blossoms and another 2pcs from RAK, all punches from Martha Stewart, Craftersworkshop Blazer  Design Chervon 12x12 stencil/ Dylusions Cut Grass/Pure Sunshine, Tattered Angels Mist, Distress inks Crushed Olive/Tea Dye/Broken China/Evergreen Bough/Walnut Stain/Bundled Sage/Barn Door, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Floral Tattoo, Kaisercraft 13th Hour alpha stamps, Classiky graffiti tape, 7 Gypsies Paper Tape Postale
Let's Scrap sketch 9-5-12 (load#19)

No comments:

Post a Comment